BigDaddy News

Tennis News

Iga Swiatek withdraws from Billie Jean King Cup tournament

World number two Iga Swiatek has pulled out of the upcoming Billie Jean King Cup qualifying tournament in her home country of Poland, she said on social media on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old said that she needed more time to focus on herself and would not be playing for the national team against Switzerland and Ukraine on April 10-12 in the city of Radom.

“I know that this is not the information that fans, especially Polish ones, wanted, nevertheless, it is the right decision for me for now,” she said.

ALSO READ | Feliciano Lopez to continue as Davis Cup tournament director until 2027

“I always represent my country with pride. I played everything there was to play for the country last year. I am extremely proud of the historic team successes in the BJKC semifinals and the UC finals. Now it’s time for more balance, focusing on myself and my training. I keep my fingers crossed for the girls and the whole team,” she added.

The five-time Grand Slam champion was recently eliminated from the Miami Open in the quarterfinals by 19-year-old Alexandra Eala from the Philippines.

Swiatek was playing the match with added security after being verbally abused by a spectator during an earlier practice session.

Leave feedback about this

  • Quality
  • Price
  • Service

PROS

+
Add Field

CONS

+
Add Field
Choose Image
Choose Video

Want To Earn From Skills ?

10%
Bonus On New ID

NO DOCUMENTATION,NO KYC REQUIRED